REMINDER: Social media posts don’t always make it to our office in a timely manner to be addressed and resolved quickly. When residents have a compliment or concern, please contact the Board of Health (BOH) office directly by phone: 978-649-2300 x118 or email: BoardofHealth@tyngsboroughma.gov. Please leave a message any time, day/night/weekend, and we will respond to you as soon as possible or reach out to Republic Servcies on your behalf.
Please use this link for more information http://www.tyngsboroughma.gov/recycling
If you feel that collection of your trash or recycling has been missed, please call or email the BOH office and leave a message by noon the following day so you can be added to the “missed list”, which our office submits to the appropriate department(s) at Republic Services. Republic normally will collect those missed on Wednesday.
Lastly, Trash & Recycling collection is scheduled for Monday, unless a scheduled holiday. Although your collection may routinely happen at a certain time of day, this is not a scheduled collection time. Please place your cart curbside no later than 6:30 AM. Schedules, weather, equipment, construction/road closure(s) can impact the time of your collection.
Office hours are Monday-Thursday 8:30-4:00; and Friday 9:30-12:30 and we reach out on your behalf when we are in the office.
Residents may also contact Republic Services National Call Center, phone: 978-649-7564. Although this is a local phone number, you will be directed to a National Call Center where a representative will be able to speak with you directly. Please request a confirmation number or name of person you speak with, so if there is a need to follow up with them or us, the initial call(s) can be referenced.
Please follow these rules for TRASH COLLECTION
* Please ensure that your trash toter cart is fully accessible for pick up.
* Please move vehicle or relocate the cart for easy pick up.
* Please place your cart at least 3 feet from obstructions such as mailboxes and recycle bins.
* Keep the cart clear of overhead wires and low hanging branches.
* Please place all trash inside the cart, all the way. Lid must be fully closed with nothing hanging out.
* Overflow waste placed on the ground will not be picked up, unless the overflow waste is bagged with approved sticker.
* Bulky items will not be picked up without an approved bulky sticker. Bulky items are collected by appointments only – Call Republic Service at 978-649-7564 and press 2 for customer service.
* Stickers for bulky items and excess trash bags can be purchased at Board of Health, located in the Town Offices building, 25 Bryants Lane (978-649-2300 x 118).
* Please place your cart curbside no later than 6:30 AM.
* Please do not put any of the following items in the trash cart: Hazardous Waste, Recyclables, Furniture, Construction/ Demolition Debris, Yard Waste, Auto Parts, Asbestos, TVs/CRT, Mercury Containing Products (Fluorescent Bulbs, Thermometers, etc.), Propane Tanks, or Sharps.
Please follow these rules for RECYCLING COLLECTION
* Please place your blue recycling cart at curbside by 6:30 AM on your collection day. Recycling is collected every other week. Please see our Recycling Calendar to determine which week your recycling will be picked up (mailed to all households annually) * Keep recycling cart at least 4 feet from the trash cart.
* Please remove packing materials, liners, and plastic wrappings from cardboard boxes.
* Curbside recycling is single stream. This means that any accepted recyclables can be placed in the blue 96-gallon recycling cart, there is no need to have separate bins for paper/cardboard and plastic/glass/metal.
Items Prohibited from Trash – The following items are prohibited from the trash by Massachusetts state law:
Glass bottles & jars, Computer monitors
Office mail & paper, Auto parts & machinery
Plastic jugs & bottles , Televisions
Brush, grass clippings, leaves, Aluminum or other metal cans
Newspapers & magazines, Hazardous waste
Medical Waste, Cardboard
Can I recycle it? Recyclopedia: recyclesmartma.org